- Last Active
I'm serious y'all; @Sinxxx and I are going all-in on our YouTube channel. Please check it out!
Let's hope our first video makes a splash! (For a first video...)
For those of you who haven't seen it, I'm embarking on an exercise to set aside some time every day to work on my cards. With this, I am going to be producing a card a day, though not necessarily publicly.
I have a bit of a backlog of designs that I've been meaning to publish and will be alternating every other day with a design backlogged and one designed as part of the exercise. With a few exceptions, I will be publishing the exercise cards in the order that they are produced.
When I run out of backlogged cards, I may revert back to an every-other-day publishing schedule, or maybe I'll get rid of any schedule and post willy nilly. Only the future can reveal that. Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy what I make this year!January 8
RanshiDoes anyone want to give me prompts for the upcoming days? I already have design concepts to create for the next week but beyond that, my list is fairly barren.
If you want me to make a design as part of my card a day thing, just comment here, and when I eventually publish it, I will @ you in the comments.
UsaernameI have some prompts if you want them. I'll list them now, sorry if you don't want them. Regardless, I think I might copy you and see if I can cross off all the ones on my list!
- a card that interacts with zones
- a card with no casting cost
- a black green creature with haste
- a card with 3 or more mechanics
- a card designed around planechase
- a card designed around an everyday item
- a card with both "You lose the game" and "You win the game" on it
- a 5 color enchantment
- new design space for colorless mana
- a 0-cost planeswalker
- A permanent spell with storm
- A card with the tribal type
- A card with the Basic supertype that isn't a land
- A card that doesn't untap during your upkeep
- An Invocation (Mechanic by @shadow123)
- A scheme card
- A card that rolls one or more di(c)e
- A new card type
- A card in the style of Hell's Cube
- An interesting 5-color commander that isn't tribal
- A Panharmonicon effect
- A card that involves your favorite animal
- A card that uses spellcraft (Mechanic by... Memoryhead? I think?)
- A 1-mana mythic rare
RanshiNo no no! This is great! I'll do them in order too!
TheDukeOfPorkThanks, @usaername! I'll do this! I'll mention you in the comments.
TheDukeOfPorkI'll do all of these apart from the first...
RanshiI think y'all will like the design I'm cooking up today. If all goes well, I'll be publishing it on the 23rd.
It's always this time of year that I reflect back on how far I've come as a Cardsmith, and by extension, as a person. The first cards I made on my account after spending way too long creating without one was a group of truly awful Christmas cards.
Originally I was going to remaster them all for today, but I feel like that would be unjust somehow. The point is that with each passing year, we grow as people, and in every regard that entails. So thank you all for helping me grow for the past 6ish years.
Happy Holidays everyone!December 2020
Cardsmith Game Day Schedule is UP!December 2020